Tuesday, October 31, 2017
Sunday, March 12, 2017
There isn't an ISO image download for VS 2017, you download the web installer, then pass it the commands to construct a disk layout for you. Here's the location of instructions to do so:
Create an offline installer for Visual Studio 2017
That page includes instructions for:
- Creating an offline installation layout.
- Installing from an offline installation layout (may not be necessary, see the comments on this instruction).
- Customizing the offline installer.
- Updating the offline installer.
And here's the command line I use:
vs_Community.exe --layout c:\vs2017-community-en-US-offline --lang en-US
Friday, April 29, 2016
- Remove the Linux SD card (from which the board is booting) from the slot and reset the board
- Program the PL (FPGA) again
- Launch your bare metal application again.
Sunday, January 10, 2016
I spent a bit of time baffled after installing Atmel Studio 7.0.634 as I couldn't even create a new project successfully. This appears to be an incompatibility with Visual Studio 2015 Update 1. I found an apparent solution to the issue here, which manages to get me past my issues with creating a project. I'm not exactly sure why Atmel Studio has so many binding redirects, but there it is.
Sample error message: The 'ErrorListPackage' package did not load correctly.
Tuesday, June 09, 2015
Here are the bit assignments for the five momentary switches on the ZedBoard, as found by experimentation, for your future reference should you ever wish to use them w/GPIO again:
#define BUTTON_CENTER 0x01
#define BUTTON_DOWN 0x02
#define BUTTON_LEFT 0x04
#define BUTTON_RIGHT 0x08
#define BUTTON_UP 0x10